Read about the project here.
Use NC DNS Updater Install Package to setup NC DNS Updater on you Mac OS X and start updating your Namecheap dynamic domains automatically.
NC DNS Updater v2.2 – Released 2015-05-29
Minor update. Just some network code optimization.
NC DNS Updater v2.1 – Released 2015-01-28
This is a major milestone for NC DNS Updater, because it includes two of the most requested features: install package and execution as a daemon.
This is probably the last major release before NC DNS Updater goes to the Mac App Store. Enjoy!
IMPORTANT NOTE: It’s advised that any previous versions of the app are deleted prior to installing this release.
- New Feature: Now the app is distributed via Installation Package.
- New Feature: Runs as a daemon. This is a major improvement, because now IP updates are executed without the need of a logged in user. Also, the app doesn’t have to be running all the time, it just serves as a settings window for configuring the hosts and parameters.
- New Feature: Improved activity logging.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug in updating “@” hosts.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where the current IP wasn’t correctly shown after an update request was issued.
NC DNS Updater v1.9 – Released 2015-01-21
- New Feature: Updates are no longer interval based. Now the updates occur on-demand when an IP change is detected.
- New Feature: UI refinements for better user experience.
- New Feature: Detailed information about host update status.
- Bug Fix (Thanks to all the users that helped track these bugs down!): Fixed some app crashing bugs introduced in previous releases. This release is significantly more stable.
NC DNS Updater v1.8 – Released 2015-01-19
- New Feature: Better error handling and logging.
- New Feature: Handle Namecheap’s response to update request.
- Bug Fix: Fixed some app crashing bugs.
NC DNS Updater v1.7 – Released 2015-01-12
IMPORTANT NOTE: If upgrading from v1.4, it may be necessary to delete the contents of folder ~\Library\Application Support\com.laratech.NC_DNS_Updater. To do so, run the following command in terminal:
rm -d -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.laratech.NC_DNS_Updater/
This update contains a lot of user requested features. I would like to thank Raymond Othenin-Girard and Brandon Jones for the feedback they have provided and the attention they have given to the app.
- New Feature (user requested – Thanks Raymond): The host’s status indicator now shows if the IP update has propagated:
- RED = host is disabled and won’t be updated;
- ORANGE = host update is enabled, but the update hasn’t taken effect yet;
- GREEN = The IP update has propagated.
- New Feature (user requested – Thanks Raymond): App launches silently and no window opens if it has a valid configuration. At first launch or if there’s no valid configuration, the app opens the settings window.
- Feature Improvement (user requested – Thanks Raymond): Overall UI improvements. The switches are now clearer as to their current state (ON/OFF).
- Bug Fix (Thanks Brandon): Overall typo correction in app and website.
NC DNS Updater v1.6 – Released 2015-01-05
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with saving/deleting domains.
NC DNS Updater v1.5 – Released 2014-12-12
- New Feature (user requested – Thanks Raymond): Allow updating the domain with external (internet) or internal (network) IP address.
- Bug Fix: Minor bug fixes.